Monday, May 13, 2013

Look What I Made

First off, I'm sorry about being gone for so long. There was so much school to attend to and I wasn't feeling inspired by my clothes anymore so with those combined, I just didn't ever have time or feel like blogging.

With that being said, recently I was feeling inspired to make something like I used to. I'm one of those people that gets more inspiration from the textiles above anything else. I went to Walmart because I didn't want to spend a lot on something that may or may not turn out and I didn't have a clear direction for it. I went through their selection and was bored by everything but clear vinyl and white tulle (that was way too shiny and looked cheap). So I got 4 yards of vinyl! 2 of them were even half off.

I downloaded the Pete pattern from Burdastyle and it's a free pattern so feel free to download it. I use it every time when I do something that can be based off a shirt pattern. It just makes everything so much easier.

So after a couple hours of measuring, cutting, & sewing, it was done!

It's shorter in the front than in the back and opens in the front, like a vest

I really enjoyed working with vinyl, it was my first time and somehow I always decide to work with complicated fabrics but this tutorial really helped so if you're not familiar with sewing vinyl, have a look.

Have you made anything out of vinyl? Have you made anything recently? What'd you think? Leave a comment.


XX.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...