Wednesday, April 10, 2013

#OOTD: Rothko Chapel

I took a day trip to Houston with my friends, Robby & Amber, and we went to a bunch of art museums. Mainly, I wanted to go because of Rothko Chapel. It was everything I could've dreamt about and more. You can read more about Rothko Chapel here.

Thrifted cropped sweater, thrifted slack shorts, Maison Martin Margiela for H&M clutch, Dr. Martens shoes


the Broken Obelisk pond

After a refreshing visit to the Chapel, we went to the Menil Collection and this piece was at the beginning of one of the installations. The installation was very boring but this piece was insane.

no photos please

We wondered some more and ended up at the Contemporary Arts Museum; this Andy Warhol sculpture was there!


and then we found a sculpture garden...
that's Amber

This was in the Rice Gallery at Rice University. It was popular company logos repeated, there was a video that went with it. The video felt forced to me but I enjoyed the floor part.


We caught lunch at Nippon, a Japanese sushi restaurant.



Overall, I had a lot of fun and this break was just what I needed. I was getting into a rut so this was a nice breather. I'd love to go back some time, but the drive is so far. It's not something I can just do every weekend; Houston is about 4 hours from where I live in Austin.

If you get the chance to visit the museums and more specifically Rothko Chapel, TAKE THE CHANCE. You won't be disappointed.

XX.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...