Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Formichetti Leaving Mugler

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH!!

Mugler announced earlier today that Nicola Formichetti, the Creative Director, was leaving the label.

I know. Take a moment. No more Nicola x Mugler designs.

As you can see from the fact that I named my blog after Nicola, I'm in love with his work and his personality. I know this isn't the end of Formichetti's work, I just really loved the Mugler line and where it seemed to be headed. It's bittersweet because I know this is what's best for him, but I also want more Mugler designs. It's still unsure if the designers, Romain Kremer & Sebastien Peigné, will stay at Mugler after Formichetti's departure. I could tell that he probably wasn't going to stay with the label for very long after his first season where he seemed very burnt out and I just hoped that maybe it was a false observation.

I wanted to commemorate his time at Mugler and look back at highlights:
click on them to enlarge

Fall 2011 RTW

Fall 2011 Menswear

Resort 2012

Spring 2012 RTW

Spring 2012 Menswear

Fall 2012 RTW

Fall 2012 Menswear

Resort 2013

Spring 2013 RTW

Spring 2013 Menswear

Pre-Fall 2013

Fall 2013 RTW

Fall 2013 Menswear



And that's the extent of Nicola Formichetti's reign at Mugler, time to see what's coming next.

images via style.com
XX.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...