Friday, November 16, 2012

Trend Report: Metallics

I'M BACK! (it must've seemed like I feel off the Earth...)
I've been feeling a little uninspired about blogging but then it hit me....what's been hot lately?
Metallics!

So, I put together a trend report about Metallics, here we go...

First off, Burberry released a re-design of their classic trench coats in metallic fabrics accented by metallic accessories for their Spring 2013 runway.





If you read my review of his Spring 2013 collection you would've already seen hints of this, but Jonathan Saunders tackled metallic and holographic fabrics in his collection as well. 
(side note: there's nothing better than holographic fabric)



And even earlier than the last two collections...
Back in Fall 2012, Sarah Burton released the designs for Alexander McQueen which included crazy visor accessories (I cried when I found out they were sold out)



Blumarine released these iridescent booties in Fall 2012. They're much more exciting than their slightly more boring "silver metallic" counterparts. I think they're just amazing.


Going with a more recent fashion update, these leggings are from the collaboration re-release H&M x Maison Martin Margiela that was launched today. I'm going to get these but unfortunately the H&M near me is a new store and doesn't open until this Saturday (11.17.12) BOOOOOOO
aren't they hella cool though?


And lastly, here's a photo of blogger Byron London rocking a holographic shirt (designed by Mary Benson). Holographic is the new metallic. What do you think about the trend?
Byron is killing it in this outfit. Slayinggggg



So that's my trend report for Metallics! Wear your sunglasses on the streets or fear being blinded this season!! I love this trend. Cross your fingers that it lasts for as long as possible. Mine are.

What do you think about this trend? Do you love it? Do you hate it?
I'm like a bird; anything shiny just attracts me to it.
Lastly, don't forget to follow my blog (in the sidebar) if you want to be updated when I post!

XX.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...